Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gelati Festival


(Gelati spoons as art. The ad I stumbled across a few days before it the festival began.)(CINQUE gelatis at once. That's a solid effort.)


I forgot to mention (I've no idea how!) that I was in Firenze for the gelati festival. Of course, given the obsession some of my friends have for ice-cream I bought my 5 tastes ticket. (It is not, happily, a personal foible. Chocolate I'm there everytime. Gelati, hmm, take it or leave it. So this is for you guys- you know who you are!)

Your ticket entitles you to go around ALL the boths across Florence (there are 5 main piazzas all set up for it. So picture 5 Fed Squares in Melbourne with a few marquees, each with about 5 different stalls, each stall with at least 8 different flavours.) Then you hand over one of your vouchers each time. The 'tastes' were generous- Ma and I shared them all.

(Choices four and five, naughty secret aniseed and yummy biscotinni.)

We tried dark chocolate, raspberry sorbet on a stick, biscottini, rosewater pistachio (a rogue choice, obscurely labelled as that brand's 'speciality'. So of course we tried it but Ma was AGHAST to taste the rose.) and then it was MY turn to be disgusted by the aniseed flavour hiding among the chocolate chips in our final choice.



(Sorbet on a stick. They looked gorgeous as a collection, such bright colours.)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

YUM
love the sunnies
loving the blog!
great posts
stop by some time xx